Brightside has rapidly grown over the last ten years to become a top 20 Insurance Broker. However, we are not stopping there and are committed to achieving our long term goal of becoming a top 10 Insurance Broker and we know a big part of this will be down to developing our future leaders from this graduate programme.
Following the acquisition of the business in 2014, by Anacap Financial Partners, we have completed a near £20m transformation programme.
As part of this transformation programme the Graduate Trainee Insurance Broker scheme was created for passionate and hardworking individuals who are not scared to stand up and make a name for themselves - as a business we are committed to fast-tracking our graduates into success.
Being a graduate on our scheme you will join One Insurance Solution (OIS), part of the Brightside Group. This is a rotational scheme which will involve you being placed in OIS’s most profitable divisions, being Sales and Renewals, meaning that on a day to day basis you will be liaising with new and existing clients. As well as this, the scheme has been designed to be very hands on and gives you much more exposure to senior management than you might receive elsewhere as we are committed to investing in this programme so that you have the opportunity to become our future leader
This exposure to the senior management team involves regular mentoring and the responsibility of leading projects to take Brightside forward to our long term goal.
On top of this, our development programme will allow you the opportunity to complete your CII qualifications and following this you will be required to work towards your ACII qualification in order to become a Chartered Insurance Professional.
In addition to day-to-day placements within the business there are plenty of other opportunities to develop your skills and talents which might include:
- Attending insurer and client visits with senior members of the company to discuss performance and insurance requirements
- Attending networking events to develop our supplier/insurer relationships
- Regular meetings with your mentors and line managers to discuss your progress to help you succeed with the company
- Attending CII events including networking, talks and the annual dinner
At the end of the scheme (lasting between 18 months and two years) graduates will have experienced every department and will stand in good stead for senior opportunities in an area in which they excelled.
- Funded CII Qualifications
- Comprehensive training programme
- Pension contribution
- Health cash plan from Healthshield
- Birthday day off
- Holiday flex
- Wider wallet discount scheme
A statement from our Managing Director David Sweeney:
“At Brightside, we want to build a company on quality; with an unrivalled focus on service excellence to meet the needs of customers. As an organisation, we are about working hard, working smart and providing unparalleled service to our business partners and customers. The secret of our success is great products and services, competitive pricing, outstanding customer service and a real belief in our employees.
- Successful candidates should be driven to become future leaders. They must have a strong willingness to learn, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong numerical skills and, although not essential, previous sales experience would be preferred
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines
- 2.1 degree or above in any subject
- Experience of working to targets and/or tight deadlines
Accepted degree subjects
Southampton · Torquay
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Should you be interested in applying for our Graduate Trainee Insurance Broker programme or would like to know more information, please click the Apply button or contact the Graduate Recruitment Team on 01454 634880.
Closing date: 28/02/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 25/01/2017