Want to travel the world and make a difference? The Army is the perfect place to start – whether you’re fully trained, have already started a degree in Nursing or want to apply as a Student Nurse.
As an Army Nurse, you’ll help keep the Army running, whether that’s by helping soldiers in the field, at an NHS trust or from a Medical Regiment in the UK. Wherever the British Army is, you’ll find our Nurses giving first rate nursing care in all sorts of environments and situations.
As you travel the world, gaining valuable skills and civilian recognised qualifications along the way, you’ll learn how to work in the most challenging environments with minimal equipment. This is your chance to reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life. This is your chance to do something that matters.
As a Registered Nurse, you'll command a team that provides the highest standard of care. Army nursing can be tough, so we'll give you the best possible military and professional training. You can develop your skills throughout your career with further study up to and beyond MSc level, funded by us.
It's not all hard work though. You'll also get to travel, take part in Adventure Training and play sports for the Army. With a competitive salary, non-contributory pension and free healthcare too, you'll get great rewards - and an amazing experience. Opportunities to commission as an Officer depend upon your knowledge, skills and experience.
During your Army Nursing application we will advise and support you in making the right career choice for you so that you can realise your true potential.
If you hold a recognised specialist qualification within emergency, intensive care, theatres or burns and plastics you may be eligible for a £30,000 bonus on completion of your military training.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice (SLAiP)
- You will have the opportunity to specialise in: Primary health care (to advanced practice); Emergency nursing, critical care; Burns and plastics, trauma and orthopedics; Sexual health; General medicine; General surgery.
Salary and benefits
- Earn a starting salary of £15,230 if joining as a solider, which will rise to over £32,000 after training
- Earn a starting salary of £26,903 if joining as an officer, which will rise to over £35,000 after training
- 38 days’ paid annual leave
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Non-contributory pension, free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access to promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in adventurous training and be able to play your favourite sports.
Find where you belong
What we are looking for
For more information on entry requirements Search Army Nurse.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 August 2021