Your Army needs leaders. Your Army needs you.
Always taking the first step. Making the tough calls. Keeping heads up and hope strong. Being a leader isn’t always easy, but, at the British Army, it’s worth it. As an Army Officer, you’ll push yourself and your team further than you thought possible. At the centre of every unforgettable adventure, you’ll be there, building trust and inspiring achievement. Ready to take on the role of a lifetime?
Supported to succeed
Our Army Officer bursaries are there to support you throughout your undergraduate education, so there’s nothing standing in your way. We offer a number of different bursaries, each with different eligibility criteria. Depending on what you study, your performance, and which Corps you’re looking to join, we can provide you with the support you need to go far.
The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst is where the next generation of officers learn the skills they need to help their teams take on any challenge. If you’re applying for a bursary, it’s important you check that you’re also eligible to enter Sandhurst. If applying for a:
- Doctor or dental bursary, you must enter Sandhurst before your 39th birthday
- Nursing bursary, you must enter Sandhurst before your 34th birthday
- Veterinary bursary, you must enter Sandhurst before your 29th birthday
- Any other bursary, you must enter Sandhurst before your 30th birthday.
When to apply
- If you’re applying for an Army undergraduate bursary (technical, enhanced or standard), you must do so before the first Friday in December of your final year. To apply for the enhanced bursary, you must have at least two years left at university.
- To apply for the Army medical services bursary, you must do so before February in your second year. We can award bursaries after this date has expired, but we’re normally unable to backdate payments.
This is your opportunity to show the world what you’re made of. Apply today.
Your Army needs leaders. Your Army needs you. Find where you belong.
What we are looking for
To apply for any of our bursaries, you must be 18 or over, committed to joining the Army as a Regular Officer on graduating and meet the following academic requirements:
- For applicants with GCSEs you’ll need: 35 ALIS points from seven subjects with at least Grade C/4 in English Language, Mathematics and either a science or foreign language
- For applicants with SNQs you’ll need: 34 ALIS points from seven subjects with at least Grade C at SNQ level 5 or grade 2 at Scottish Standard Grade in English language, mathematics and either a science or foreign language
- Have 72(+) UCAS points from three subjects (four for Scottish Highers). At least two subjects must be National Level 3, not including AS Levels or general studies.
You’ll also have to pass the Army Officer Selection Board (AOSB) and join the University Officer Training Corps (UOTC) while at university.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment