Overcome challenges. Learn management skills. Become a leader.
Discover what it takes to be a leader. Gain unrivalled insight into the life of an Army Officer. This is your chance to experience the role of an Army Officer – whether it’s 6 to 18 months before university, during your studies or after graduating.
Depending on your role, you’ll complete upwards of nine weeks world-class leadership training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. You‘ll then spend 6 to 18 months assigned to a Regular Army unit in the UK and on routine duties around the world, shadowing the daily role of an Army Officer.
You’ll get paid as you learn to lead up to 30 soldiers. You won’t be deployed on operations, but you will take part in sports, adventurous training and military training exercises.
Once you have completed your internship, we hope that you would choose to remain in the Army as a Reservist or Regular Army Officer. You will be qualified to continue to serve as an Officer in the Army Reserve both during and after university; or you can complete the Regular Commissioning Course if you'd like to serve as a full-time Army Officer.
This is your chance to take on an adventure, develop your leadership skills and build a career with purpose. Ready to show us what you can do?
Find where you belong.
What we are looking for
- Anyone who is physically fit
- You must pass the Army Officer Selection Board to be accepted onto the internship.
- Anyoe who is aged between 17 years 9 months and 28 years old (by mid-September of the year you will start training at Sandhurst)
- Anyone with a firm place to read a first degree at a university or college
- Anyone who has graduated within the last two years
- Who has or is predicted to get 72 UCAS points (or equivalent) and have 35 ALIS points, including a C/4 or above in English language, maths and a science or foreign language
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
The application window is open between 1 August and 31 December each year. Simply register for an account and fill out the online application form. We’ll support you through the process.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 October 2021