Using a highly integrated approach to manufacturing, we develop and sell a diverse range of sustainable products not just sugar. Our Head Office in Peterborough is home to different functions that provide critical support to our dynamic and varied business - everything from commercial, procurement, customer delivery and supply chain.
You will build a unique range of skills by rotating around our teams to gain an understanding of our business, our customers and the way in which we operate.
A full range of opportunities exist for a successful candidate within the business graduate programme and you will be expected to undertake business roles and responsibilities from the outset gaining significant on-the-job experience. So you will need to be an enthusiastic self-starter. We will support and develop you throughout your programme at British Sugar.
On successful completion of the scheme you will be appointed into a junior management role in one of our business areas. Where you are placed will be based on business need and your strengths demonstrated throughout the two year programme.
Training and Development
Your continual progress and development throughout the graduate scheme is vital to your success so you will need a growth mind-set and desire to continually develop.
You will receive all the support you need to enable you to meet our business and your personal goals. This will include an experienced line manager, coach and mentor to ensure you progress, as well as a strong network of new and existing graduates. Every 6 months we will assess you against clearly defined objectives.
The benefits of a career with British Sugar are an appealing mix of the professional and the financial:
- £25,000, reviewed every six months
- £1,500 joining bonus
- Moving assistance
- Formal and informal mentoring schemes
- Opportunities for cross-functional moves
- 21 days' holiday rising to 26 days after one year of service, plus eight statutory public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Early involvement in key projects
- Six monthly salary review subject to performance and assessment
- Support towards achieving CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma where appropriate
At British Sugar you need to be able to perform at the highest level. Our successful graduates know that performance leads to opportunity and they need to demonstrate key competencies:
- Commitment and passion to excel with a 'can-do' attitude and pride in your work
- An enquiring mind to fully understand all aspect of this diverse business
- Business acumen including how our business works and we make money
- The ability to impact and influence at different levels and functions in the business
- Confidence to take on early responsibility and stand out from the crowd
- A positive approach, energy and resilience to work in a complex business
- Tenacity to deal with stakeholders whose opinion you may need to influence and a drive and determination challenge
- Ability to build relationships, listen and collaborate
- Problem solving skills and creativity skills
- Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2:1 in an appropriate degree
- Talent, drive and a real hunger for rapid advancement
- Evidence of taking significant responsibility
- Committed to the demands of a top graduate scheme
Accepted degree subjects
plus £1,500 joining bonus
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017