Broadway is looking for a master troubleshooter for the fast-paced trading floors of some of the world's largest financial institutions. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to enhance, debug, and fix the inevitable glitch on trading systems that are responsible for billions of dollars of notional a day.
At Broadway, we strive to build the next generation of thought leaders. As pioneers within our industry, we scour the globe to find outside-the-box thinkers, enthusiastic crafters, and brilliant self-starters—people who are naturally compelled to figure out what works, what doesn’t, and why. We focus on the things that matter. No stuffy corporate office. No dress code or business attire (unless that’s your thing). We build amazing software with some of the greatest thinkers around the world, and we love doing it.
Next summer, you will enter our four month Dojo programme, which will transform what you learned in college into skills necessary to become a seasoned engineer and leader. Through classes and exercises, our top execs and technical experts will teach you what we do and how we do it. Your Dojo experience culminates with you building a project as a part of a team to create and release a brand new Broadway product to our customers. No pet projects. No toiling independently. Our business is growing at a rate where we need your immediate contribution. After exiting the Dojo programme, you’ll work directly on the frontlines.
- Solve mission-critical puzzles by asking and investigating the right questions
- Engage with a wide spectrum of people at client sites and cultivate impeccable client relationships
- Examine a diverse mix of business and technical issues
- Use advanced techniques and tools to analyze and evaluate live systems
- Thinking on your feet to address issues ranging from missing trades to exchange connectivity problems to system outages
- Proactively preventing future problems by coming up with both tactical and strategic solutions
- Work with a team—learn, share, help, and listen with an open mind
What we are looking for
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong interest in software and systems; programming or scripting experience a plus
- Interest in client-facing role
- Natural aptitude for mission-control work—eager to tackle ambitious analytical puzzles; able to remain cool and collected in urgent high-stakes situations
- Enthusiasm for startup environment—strong internal drive to get things done and get things right (discipline, initiative, self-management, attention to detail, follow-through)
Continual academic achievement with a minimum 2.1 degree in a relevant field (technology / computer science)
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12 March 2020