Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American summer camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day everyday. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
With over 52 years of experience in inspiring young people work abroad, we have supported 250,000 people to adventure to Summer Camp USA with BUNAC. Join the revolution.
Whats a camp counsellor?
You. The role of a camp counsellor is all about kids, kids, kids. You'll be looking after a group of children from a range of ages pretty much all day. Your responsibilities will include waking them up (be creative - get the old school pots and pans out!), taking them to activities throughout the day and sharing meal times with them.
Of course, your main priority is that they are always safe and having as much fun as possible. It sounds like a lot, right? Well, it is - but you'll quickly realise kids are the funniest humans ever and working with them is as rewarding as anything.
If you have previous childcare experience, be sure to let us know. This will look even better on your application
What you get:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experience
- Return transatlantic flight with other BUNACers,
- First night’s accommodation in the USA and transfer to camp
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,100 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- US Embassy meet and greet service
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to camp facilities during time off
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Summer Camp USA 2018 is open - apply now! Camps are hiring every day and positions are very competitive. Check our website for new interview dates all over the UK and Ireland.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/05/2018