Applications for Summer Camp USA 2018 are now open.
Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American summer camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day everyday. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
Coaching horse riding at summer camp combines the responsibilities of teaching riding, looking after the horses and being a camp counsellor. It is a fun and rewarding, yet challenging opportunity to enhance your teaching skills, develop your personal experience and have a great summer!
As a riding specialist, you could be teaching skills and giving lessons for several hours a day, usually in hour-long periods, generally in addition to caring for the horses.
Qualifications that will help you include the Pony Club B or C award and BHS qualifications, or the UKCC equivalent, ranging from the Groom’s Certificate in Horse Knowledge and Care to BHS Assistant Instructor Level One. Having owned a pony or horse and ridden for a number of years helps too.
What you get:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experienceReturn transatlantic flight with other BUNACers,
- First night’s accommodation in the USA and transfer to camp
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,100 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- US Embassy meet and greet service
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to camp facilities during time off
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Summer Camp USA 2018 is open - apply now! Camps are hiring every day and positions are very competitive. Check our website for new interview dates all over the UK and Ireland.
- Edinburgh – 19 January 2018
- London – 21 January 2018
- Dublin – 23 January 2018
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/05/2018