The 2018 IEC Canadian visa pool is officially open. Apply now to our Work Canada programme for your best chance of securing the visa which allows you to work and travel in Canada for up to two years. Get ready to live the Canadian dream!
BUNAC's fastest growing programme, Work Canada, has just got bigger and better. Our ultimate package guarantees you a seasonal job at a world class ski resort like Panorama Mountain Resort before you land in Canada, saving you a whole load of stress when you arrive. With support on how to get an IEC Canadian working holiday visa, insurance options and an extensive arrival orientation complete with Canadian resume style writing tips by our in-country partners SWAP, (plus year-round super-chill and super-fun social events with other like-minded travellers) BUNAC's Work Canada Ultimate is your ultimate Canadian adventure that you need to get up, up and away on.
Panorama is located on British Columbia's Powder Highway, at the heart of some of North America's best skiing. From the Calgary International Airport (YYC, Calgary), drive 3.5 hours along one of the world's great mountain highways, through Banff and Kootenay National Parks. Panorama is two short hours from Banff, Alberta, and only 90 minutes from the Canadian Rockies Airport in Cranbrook, British Columbia. All around, as far as the eye can see, are snow smothered peaks including the world-famous Rocky Mountains.
In this role, you will:
- Actively direct the proper and efficient loading of guests of all ability levels. This is accomplished through constant communication, awareness and decision making.
- Monitor and assist the safe, proper and efficient unloading of all guests.
- Loading of mountain bikes upwards of 60 lbs. recommending the proper trails per ability of rider.
- Execute the daily pre-operational inspection of lift machinery in order to accurately complete a legal lift-log document. Any irregularities are reported to lift maintenance and the log is then filed for future reference in the event of legal matters.
- Foster excellent guests relations through positive interactions with guests each time they load to ensure their return visit.
- Knowledgably and efficiently administer emergency procedures such as lift breakdown, evacuation, fire, avalanche and accident reporting.
- Applicants must hold valid work authorisation (IEC Work Canada visa).
- Previous experience in hospitality is desired but not essential
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A fun, enthusiastic and positive attitude
Accepted degree subjects
Panorama Mountain Resort, British Columbia
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/05/2018