General Camp Counsellor / Cabin Leader - the ultimate all-rounder
The most common job role in a summer camp, as a Camp Counsellor you will be involved in everything that camp life in America has to offer.
- Assigned your own cabin and campers to look after. You will help children who are away from home to have the summer of their lives
- Help prepare and run a range of camp activities, helping campers feel safe, included, and supported
- Be a positive role model, forming incredible bonds that will shape campers’ futures – and yours
- Gain the confidence, leadership, and communication skills that future employer's value
If you're skilled and experienced in a particular sport or hobby, such as swimming, water sports tennis, horse riding or rock climbing, you can coach kids and organise group activities.
- Spend the summer practicing and teaching your favourite sports
- Organise camp tournaments and games
- Create unbreakable bonds with your campers, becoming their friend, teacher, support system and ultimate summer hero
- Balance the fundamentals of teaching skills and safety
- Gain leadership, adaptability, communication, confidence, and independence skills
BUNAC's Covid-19 Promise– 100% money back if you can't travel due to COVID-19 restrictions. *T&Cs apply*
What we are looking for
- Able to commit to the whole camp season, running for nine weeks between June and August.
- Valid passport
- Be confident working with children from 6-16-years-old.
- Be a fluent English speaker
- Have no criminal history
- Be hard working, fun, enthusiastic and patient
Some previous experience working with children. Many applicants don't realise they already have this, so speak to us about what that entails.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Competitive salary
Accomodation and meals
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
Full-time · Part-time
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment