Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American Summer Camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day every day. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
With over 56 years of experience in inspiring young people to work abroad, we have supported over 250,000 people to adventure to Summer Camp USA with BUNAC.
What is a Camp Counsellor?
You'll be looking after a group of children from a range of ages. Your responsibilities will include waking them up, taking them to activities throughout the day and sharing meal times with them.
Your main priority is that they are always safe and having as much fun as possible. Working at camp will be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have and the skills and experience you’ll gain will shine through on your CV.
If you have previous childcare experience, be sure to let us know. This will look even better on your application!
- Return transatlantic flights (flight programme only)
- Free placement at a camp in the USA
- Your first night's accommodation in the USA
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,850 depending on your age and experience and type of camp you are placed at
- Assistance with securing your J-1 Camp Counsellor visa
- SEVIS - a US government fee
- Medical insurance
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to Summer camp recruitment fairs
- Access to exclusive travel deals with STA Travel
- 30 days to travel America once you’ve finished your camp placement
Start/end dates: 8 - 10 weeks from May/June - August
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- up to $1850
salary depending on experience
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Applications for Summer Camp USA 2020 are open.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2020