Apply now for Summer 2021!
Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American Summer Camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day every day. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp.
What is a Camp Counsellor?
You'll be looking after a group of children from a range of ages. Your responsibilities will include waking them up, taking them to activities throughout the day and sharing meal times with them.
Your main priority is that they are always safe and having as much fun as possible. If you have a particular skill - you can become a Specialist Activity Instructor. This means you'll focus on teaching those activities to all campers and do what you love all day every day. Positions include:
- Water Sports Counsellor
- Gymnastics Coach
- Horse Riding Instructor
- Swim Coach
- Arts and Craft Counsellor
If you have previous childcare experience, be sure to let us know. This will look even better on your application!
- Return transatlantic flights (flight programme only)
- Placement at a camp in the USA
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,850 depending on your age and experience and type of camp you are placed at
- Assistance with securing your J-1 Camp Counsellor visa
- SEVIS - a US government fee
- Medical insurance
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK ( or virtually based on COVID-19 restrictions) to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to Summer camp virtual recruitment fairs
- 30 days to travel America once you’ve finished your camp placement
BUNAC’s booking confidence – 100% money back if you can’t travel due to COVID–19 restrictions. T&Cs apply.
What we are looking for
Have recent experience working with children.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- up to $1,850
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 April 2021