Applications for Summer Camp USA 2018 are now open.
Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American summer camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day everyday. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
Being a water sports instructor on Summer Camp Exchange USA combines the responsibilities of teaching on the waterfront with being a camp counselor. The job is as fun as it is rewarding, and you'll swap your mundane office for a beautiful beach, lake or swimming pool. What better way is there to enhance your skills?
We're looking for water sports instructors with experience in the following areas:
- Motor boat driving.
Teaching at camp usually means working in idyllic surroundings, but it can be an energy-zapping job! You could be working on the water for several hours a day, often in high temperatures, so stamina, patience and motivation are very important! On the other hand, on a very hot day, where better to be than on the water?
Teaching at camp can involve anything from teaching basic skills in the shallows of the camp lake, to teaching more advanced sailors on larger lakes or the ocean. Your role as an instructor will be to develop and enhance children’s confidence, skill and proficiency on the water over the summer. The children may be absolute beginners or have a lot of experience, so a broad knowledge and plenty of patience are important. Your responsibilities may also include the maintenance and upkeep of the camp’s equipment.
What you get:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experience
- Return transatlantic flight with other BUNACers, first night’s accommodation in the USA and transfer to camp
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,100 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- US Embassy meet and greet service
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to camp facilities during time off
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Summer Camp USA 2018 is open - apply now! Camps are hiring every day and positions are very competitive. Check our website for new interview dates all over the UK and Ireland.
Get the ball rolling and then come and get hired at our Camp Fairs:
- Edinburgh – 19 January 2018
- London – 21 January 2018
- Dublin – 23 January 2018
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/05/2018