Your Ambition Keeps Cosy Constant
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net-zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
We’re super powered up about what our future holds and that’s where you come in. As a member of our Commercial Trainging ProgrammeTP), you’ll support our growth and innovation and help us to create better, safer tomorrows, today. With us you’ll start your career with real purpose and direction and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About our Contract and Commercial Trainee Programme
As a Commercial Trainee, you will have a unique opportunity to become a member of the Cadent Team. Developing skills in contract management and commercial awareness you will work alongside our colleagues, collaborating with customers, our strategic partners and the finance function to help deliver outputs for our regulatory bodies.
This role is within our Procurement team where you will get the opportunity to work with people from all across Cadent and the Supply Chain, developing your project management, commercial understanding and negotiation skills to put in place contracts that enables Cadent to succeed. Working in a range of disciplines including sourcing, procurement operations, quality assurance and transactional procurement you will be given the opportunity to grow and thrive as part of the team.
Throughout the two-year programme, you will play a vital role in shaping the future role of gas and how we establish ourselves at the forefront of sustainable energy.
During the programme you will complete an Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship, which will enable you to gain an understanding of the regulatory and contractual environment we operate in. You’ll be professionally and personally challenged to help to build the skills and experience you need to be the very best you can be.
Supported every step of the way by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager, you’ll also receive dedicated one-to-one support from the training provider. Our community of trainees also provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
What’s in it for you
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect a starting salary of £23,500, plus;
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, with the option to buy more
- Generous Pension Scheme which is double matched up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn performance bonus up to £250
- Expensed travel and accommodation whilst away on training
- Flexible Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Access to our Occupational Health Services including our employee assistance programme which offers confidential counselling
- Support with financial wellbeing
You will have the opportunity on our programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing our programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Start date: September 2022.
What we are looking for
- We’re looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our Commercial Trainee Programme.
- GCSE English language and maths at minimum grade A*- C / 4 - 9 or equivalent
- Two A Levels grade A* - C or BTEC Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- High levels of personal and professional energy - you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose - we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for customer service - we’re looking for people who can delight our customers
- Team spirit - we support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
- A forward-thinking mind-set - bring along fresh ideas that can support our growth and evolution
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Coventry · Ansty
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment