As a placement student in our Hinckley office, you’ll see first-hand how passionate we are about transforming lives and shaping futures. We’ll ensure your 12-month placement powers up your enthusiasm for the future of gas and a career with Cadent.
We’ll provide you with the opportunity to gain the skills and experience needed to help you transition from university to working life.
You’ll receive training from our expert trainers and be supported by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager. You will play a vital role in shaping the future role of gas and how we establish ourselves at the forefront of sustainable energy, you’ll get the opportunity to really add value by getting involved in real work that supports the business from day one.
Our community of students and graduates provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
Following successful completion of the placement year, our fast track route means you could start your final year knowing you’ve secured a place on our graduate programme.
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect as starting salary of £16,500, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus scheme, access to our flexible benefits scheme and a generous company pension scheme.
The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is vitally important to us and that’s why we offer access to free occupational health services, including physiotherapy and our employee assistance program which offers confidential counselling.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment and have a number of initiatives in place to support this. These include development programmes designed for female colleagues and an employment scheme aimed at young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
you will have the opportunity on our programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing our programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Be part of something big. Join us on our Industrial Placement programme and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.
What we are looking for
- We’re looking for engineering undergraduates who act with curiosity, courage, pride, purpose and ownership to join our team.
- High levels of personal and professional energy - you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose - we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for customer service - we’re looking for people who can delight our customers!
- Team Spirit - we support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
- A forward-thinking mind-set - bring along fresh ideas that can support our growth and evolution
- Please note Cadent are not able to support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role. All applicants must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20 March 2020