Your Ambition Keeps Cosy Constant
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net-zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
We’re super powered up about what our future holds and that’s where you come in. As a member of our Commercial Trainging ProgrammeTP), you’ll support our growth and innovation and help us to create better, safer tomorrows, today. With us you’ll start your career with real purpose and direction and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About our Engineering Training Programme
We believe in developing and investing in talent, and we know that by supporting our future leaders and engineers to gain the very best skills, behaviours and experience around, we’ll continue to have a bright, successful future and they will too. So, whether you’ve just finished your A-levels or an Engineering BTEC and are interested in a career in engineering, or perhaps already work within the utilities sector, our ETP could be perfect for you!
Over the 24-month programme, you’ll develop leadership skills, gain technical exposure and understanding, and experience professional development, through a combination of theoretical learning and on the job experience. If you don’t already hold one you will study towards achieving a HNC in Electrical Engineering, covering topics such as Engineering Design, Electronic and Electrical Principles and managing an Engineering Project.
You’ll be supported every step of the way by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager. Our community of trainees also provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance, and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
There’s a real sense of purpose about a career with Cadent. And there’s great pride in knowing that you’re playing a vital part in keeping the nation safe and warm.
About Our Engineering Team
You’ll work within our central Engineering team responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the Engineering Framework. Our Engineering Framework ensures we operate within the external requirements of legislation and regulation by developing policies, procedures, competence, and compliance across the organisation.
Our Engineering team cover the length and breadth of the Cadent region and operate a hybrid working model recognising the benefits this brings to the employee, the company and the environment. To support your development, face to face interaction with your team and stakeholders is vital and travel across the networks to visit various offices and sites is key. We are looking for individuals to have their base location as one of the following:
This role is in the Above 2 Bar Gas Quality and Measurement team responsible for engineering standards and asset integrity of our higher-pressure pipelines and associated facilities including metering, gas quality, electrical and instrumentation systems. As you develop throughout the programme and beyond you will:
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to assist the operational teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Support the development and maintenance of engineering policies and procedures to ensure asset design and construction standards are fit for purpose
- Develop and provide knowledge of statutory and regulatory obligations affecting Cadent’s operations to maintain regulatory compliance
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements to engineering processes to improve safety, efficiency or the quality of the service provided to customers.
- Support the introduction of innovation
- Support identification and review of asset related issues and support the design and delivery of engineering solutions
What’s in it for you
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect a starting salary of £23,500, plus;
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, with the option to buy more
- Generous Pension Scheme which is double matched up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn performance bonus up to £250
- Expensed travel and accommodation whilst away on training
- Flexible Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Access to our Occupational Health Services including our employee assistance programme which offers confidential counselling
- Support with financial wellbeing
You will have the opportunity on our programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing our programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Start date: September 2022.
What we are looking for
- Cadent will keep your energy flowing, but to work here you’ll have high levels of personal and professional energy, plus lots of drive and motivation too.
- You’ll have a forward-thinking mind-set with a passion for problem solving.
- We’re looking for individuals with team spirit who act with curiosity, courage, pride, purpose and ownership to join our team.
- A valid UK driving licence
- GCSE English Language at minimum Grade C / 4 (or equivalent)
- GCSE maths at minimum Grade B / 6 (or equivalent)
Plus, one of the below;
- 2 A Levels minimum Grade C (1 must be in either maths, physics, chemistry, engineering or technology)
- BTEC Level 3 in an Engineering discipline – Grade Pass, Merit or Distinction
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering – Grade Pass, Merit or Distinction
- A degree in maths, physics, chemistry, engineering or technology discipline – Minimum Grade 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please note that we may close this vacancy before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We therefore recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18 August 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment