Working as an Apprentice in our Emergency Response team, over the 2-year programme you’ll see first-hand what it’s like to keep the nation safe. You’ll train alongside our team of experts to become a first responder, attending gas escapes across our network.
You’ll also be supported by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager. Our community of apprentices also provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll have achieved a whole host of qualifications including the Gas Network Craftsperson Level 3 Apprenticeship, all of which will support you moving forward with a career at Cadent.
Once fully trained, you’ll be the first person on-site. Attending customers’ homes whilst responding to reported gas escapes or carbon monoxide activated alarms. It’s no small feat as you can imagine, so you won’t be afraid of working independently, with support on hand if needed. Your cool under pressure methodical approach and sharp decisionmaking skills will ensure you find the right solution to keep our customers delighted.
You’ll become one of our gas experts where your day will be full of variety. You’ll carry out property and appliance inspection, scheduled gas meter installation along with maintenance and risk assessments, for both domestic and commercial properties. You’ll also attend meter faults, fit cooker safety valves, comple
What we're looking for
We’re looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our Apprenticeship Programme, along with:
- GCSEs minimum grade C/4 or equivalent - two of which must be Maths and English Language
- Hold a valid full UK car driving licence or be willing to obtain one by the start of programme
- High levels of personal and professional energy – you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose – we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for engineering and customer service - We’re looking for people who can delight our customers!
- Team spirit – we support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
To be considered for the role, you must live within a predetermined area to the vacancy location.
What’s in it for you
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect a starting salary of £18,327 which rises within each year of your training, plus;
- 25 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays, with the option to buy more
- Generous pension scheme which is double matched up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn performance bonus up to £250
- Expensed travel and accommodation whilst away on training
- Flexible benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Access to our Occupational Health Services including our employee assistance programme which offers
- confidential counselling
- Support with financial wellbeing
You will have the opportunity on our Repair Team Leader programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing the apprenticeship programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion and we have a number of initiatives in place to support this. These include development programmes designed for female colleagues and an employment scheme aimed at young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities which our Graduates play a key role in running.
We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
Be part of something big. Join us and help shape the future of gas for generations to come.
This Apprenticeship will start in September 2021.
Additional job details
- Hemel Hempstead
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please note, we do have multiple vacancies across varied locations for all of our apprenticeship programmes. Duplicate applications will not be progressed so please submit one application to your preferred apprenticeship programme.
Please note that we may close this vacancy before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We therefore recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 July 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 July 2021