During your internship you will be working within the business operations function as part of a team on assignment to the Data and Analytics Delivery Centre within Capgemini’s HMRC market unit.
The business operations function is responsible for a wide range of activity in support of this highly successful delivery centre; key elements being: financial and commercial management, capability and skills development, staffing, performance management, project management office, demand and capacity management.
You’ll be part of an integral team that provides essential support to the delivery centre. You will be involved in initiatives for the unit, delivering solutions that accelerate business process improvement and outcomes.
You will be working alongside and supported by experts in business operations functions offering you an excellent opportunity to develop experience in this vital area in a supportive environment.
Business operations can often be a challenging function, often reacting to requests from the clients as well as from internal stakeholders. The team often work to tight deadlines and monthly reporting such as capability, financials and many other sets of vital MI.
Daily you will be working closely with your stakeholders demonstrating your ability to engage with in a clear, professional, and responsive manner. Working on one or more business initiatives. You will have the support and knowledge around you to help you succeed and deliver. A comprehensive brief of the initiative(s) will be provided to you and you will be expected to take ownership of and lead initiatives to successful outcomes. During your internship you will demonstrate your ability to research and analyse information and communicate results, recommendations and solutions back to the business.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors – drawing on different languages, methods and approaches.
- You’ll support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes.
- You’ll take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues.
What we’ll offer you
Professional and modern environment that encourages Capgemini’s seven values; Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team spirit, Modesty and Fun. Collaboration is at the core of the way we work. You can expect the training, support and challenge to achieve a successful internship.
What we are looking for
- You will be working to solve critical business problems with technological solutions.
- Whatever the project, you’ll indulge your passion for business and technology and your love of exploring ideas.
- Generating and reporting out on business indicators.
- Identifying and implementing business improvements.
- Adapt quickly when faced with new situations and new people.
Working towards a bachelor’s degree, relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2020