Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career and work towards being a Data or Business Analyst or gain further exposure to some of the world’s top investment and banking institutions? This could be the just the steppingstone in becoming a leading data expert.
Capgemini Financial Services requires Data Consultants to join our growing Insights & Data Practice who will be working with several of our banking and Insurance clients. In this role, you will train as a Data Consultant and use your experience and subject matter expertise combined with a consultative selling approach to both build and maintain relationships with our clients.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires a Data Consultant with skills preferably in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and advanced analytics along within an understanding of the Financial Services Sector.
This is a great opportunity to join our Apprenticeship Programme over a 3-5 years, which will help you develop your expertise in helping businesses change the way they work – by demonstrating business potential to clients in Banking, Insurance and Capital Market then working with them to embed it into their business. As part of the Analytics team, you will specialise in an analytics capability and develop skills in a range of advanced analytical tools and techniques.
What you’ll do
The range of activities that our Data Consultant will get involved with is extensive and includes:
- learning how to be a consultant specializing in data and analytics.
- Undertake analysis and research to help clients implement analytics-based solutions
- Learn and use modelling and analytical techniques to solve business problems as part of major business transformations.
- Work with our internal Data teams and learn how to respond to clients
- Get exposure to work with some internal/external teams in order to analyse business processes, clarify client’s requirements and work on go-to market solutions
Technical and consulting skills
- Develop and use your analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presence and ability to interact with various levels of seniority within a client organisation
- Learn and increase your knowledge of data warehousing and challenges posed by data quality
- Get exposure to working with industry models for either insurance, banking, capital markets, financial regulation or compliance
- Obtain knowledge and understanding of how Big Data is currently impacting the Financial Services sector.
- Learn how to work with structured and unstructured data – batch and real time data reporting.
- You will be given training and the chance to learn SDLC processes and methodologies (including RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
What you’ll bring
- To be eligible for the programme, you must hold A minimum of GCSE maths and English at grade C (4) or above
- Analytical and consulting skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- A keen interest in the use of analytical tools and statistical modelling.
- An ability and appetite to analyse data
- Be able to work with our customers independently or as a team.
- Strong team-working and collaboration skills.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme. Failure to meet the criteria ahead of your start date will result in your offer being retracted.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12 August 2021