We are looking for tech-passionate individuals to want to start their careers in the IT industry. You will be joining a large business area working for our largest UK public sector client working with inspiring experts from which you can learn from and enjoy the career opportunities this brings, as well as joining a large community of Graduates and Apprentices, Placement students, and interns across the business.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements spanning across projects, programmes, portfolios, services, and operations. This combined with excellent insight into our technical solutions will bring you a glimpse of how we use cutting edge technology to successfully delivery our client’s expectations and communication will bring control, direction, and insight to our engagements and business processes.
As a member of the finance team, you will need excellent numerical skills, strong analytical skills, and an ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, with finance and non-finance colleagues. You will rotate throughout the 5 defined areas within the Finance team in order to gain insight into all aspects of how finance drive business, deliver business value, financial support and commercial finance to ensure the smooth financial running of the account.
You will focus on learning
- What the role of a finance business partner is, how to engage with key stakeholders, and how to challenge them to deliver change and value.
- How to prepare of monthly management accounts; set rolling forecasts and budgets; and complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- How to produce, interpret, and present detailed monthly reporting.
- How to understand business risk factors with a view to identifying potential risks and issues which affect business performance.
- How to prepare and support external Audits and ISO (International Organisation of Standardisation) Audits.
This is a hybrid working role, you should expect to be in our Telford office 2 or 3 days a week, which is a fantastic modern building not only from a collaborative working perspective, but there is also a restaurant, rest and leisure zones, Prayer room, EV chargers, a state of the art 24hr Gym and golf nets, recently refurbished roof gardens where you can be a part of our ‘Turf you out’ gardening scheme. With a large support network to take advantage of, join our inclusive networks such as LGBT+, race and equality or women in tech, and have the support of our mental health champions.
What we are looking for
- Currently studying on a related degree
- An appetite for learning and passionate about working for a technology company
- Flair for solving problems and analytical skills
- Plenty of drive, curiosity, and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- An appetite to continually develop your skills and career
These roles require BPSS Security clearance. To meet the clearance requirements, you will need to;
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Be resident in the UK for the past five years
- Have spent no more than 6 consecutive months outside the UK in that period
If you cannot meet these criteria, we will not be able to consider you for this role.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24 August 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24 August 2023