The Atlassian Technical Specialist is a hybrid business and technical specialist role, whose primary purpose is to enable Capgemini's clients to work better, together.
The purpose of the role is achieved by understanding the business outcomes that our clients need to achieve, and then working with those clients in a close, collaborative relationship to rapidly design, prototype, iterate, release and support business solutions in an Agile manner.
You will be expected to work towards and achieve Atlassian Master Certification Status. Additionally, expected to develop a working conceptual and operational knowledge of the whole technology stack involved in the delivery of a solution to a client, to the extent that the Engineer can design an E2E system, and is also capable of diagnosing system performance issues to an advanced level in large-scale, complex enterprise systems. The business solutions provided by this role are based on Atlassian, Atlassian Marketplace and supporting technology.
In addition to technical skills, will also need to develop a working understanding of the concepts of a broad range of business skills, reflecting the nature of the clients:
- Agile project and programme management
- Agile Enterprise Planning
- Modern Software Development methods and principles including DevOps, CI/CD
- IT Service Management (ITIL v4) and its disciplines
- Modern team-working methods and principles such as Agile, Scaled Agile, and supporting methods such as Scrum
- Business process Management
The Atlassian Technical Specialist must be able to apply this knowledge of these domains when talking to clients and designing solutions, because clients usually want their systems to reflect best practice in these areas.
You will be able to design, deploy and configure systems that can support the business use cases, and be available for further customisation by Atlassian Consultant colleagues. Beyond this, you will be able to tune and diagnose issues with deployed environments in all Capgemini and client environments. The ability to carry out holistic system health checks, and subsequently make recommendations and implement them is a key facet of this role.
In deploying and maintaining systems, you will be able to carry out traditional 'manual' deployment and configuration activities and achieve the skills and ability to use cloud hosting platforms such as Azure and AWS along with DevOps automation technologies such as Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and scripting technologies such as shell, Python and others to accomplish their objectives.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
A graduate role at Capgemini is perfect for you if you want to create, develop and deliver solutions to clients. As a Atlassian Technical specialist, you will gain experience within The ALM Delivery Centre, who are a leader in Capgemini's global Atlassian delivery network. Our simple purpose is to help teams to work better together, whether at local levels or across entire organisations.
You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
What we’ll offer you
- With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we will rely on you to help us achieve them
- With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You will have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
- Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
- It is all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we will give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you will be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace-to-Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
What we are looking for
- You will be passionate about technology and ready to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Calm under pressure, able to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and creativity skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Customer and value/outcomes-focussed
- Applies continual targeted self-development, personal and professional
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams
- Have a Stem related degree
- Plenty of drive, curiosity, and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Telford · Hybrid working
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than three months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2022