Who you’ll be working with
You will be part of the graduate community on our flagship “IT Services” account, working across all aspects of the finance team as you rotate throughout the teams to understand how the finance community can drive business value. Your role also includes a rotation within our Audit & Quality team, who provide an independent examination of business process and risk.
The focus of your role
As a member of the finance team, you will need excellent numerical skills, strong analytical skills, and an ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, with finance and non-finance colleagues. You will rotate throughout the finance team in order to gain insight into all aspects of how finance drive and deliver business value. Your time with the Audit & Quality team will provide you with an excellent insight into the overall working of Capgemini, including an understanding of our statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements with our client.
What you’ll learn
- What the role of a finance business partner is, how to engage with key stakeholders, and how to challenge them to deliver change and value.
- How to prepare of monthly management accounts; set rolling forecasts and budgets; and complete balance sheet reconciliations.
- How to produce, interpret, and present detailed monthly reporting.
- How to understand business risk factors with a view to identifying potential risks and issues which affect business performance.
- How to prepare and support external Audits and ISO (International Organisation of Standardisation) Audits.
What we'll offer you
Professional development – you will pursue a formal qualification as a Chartered Accountant and you will also have the opportunity to gain qualifications in relevant Audit / ISO standards. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
What we are looking for
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of proactively interacting with various stakeholders inside and outside of the finance function.
- An ability to prioritise workloads in a pressured environment and capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Motivation and a desire to accelerate and drive your own career forward with our support.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will hold, or be working towards a degree, with evidence of numerical proficiency.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2020