As a SAP Functional Application Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it's providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP module. You'll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You'll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop functional and technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Functional Application Specialist, you will be expected to gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP modules
Support the Live Services team by:
- Resolving incidents identified by end users
- Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
- Working with the development team to implement fixes
- Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
Support the Project team by:
- Attending and facilitating workshops
- Working with the client to clarify requirements
- Creating/updating project documentation
- Testing new developments
- Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
What we will offer you
- With more than 290,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions - and we'll rely on you to help us achieve them
- With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
- Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
- It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we'll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call 'Giving Back', which means you'll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
- We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
What we are looking for
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
- Further to that we would like: A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, although it's not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Functional roles.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
- Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
- Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
- Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than three months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 May 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2022