Who you’ll be working with
Our industry-leading developing and engineering community are at the top of their game. Responsible for some of the world’s most imaginative websites, applications and technical advancements, they refuse to be constrained by the limits of today’s technology – instead developing for tomorrow’s needs. From the most senior field experts to those just starting out in their careers, this is a team that works together to blow the competition out of the water.
The focus of your role
From your first meeting with a client through to the finished product, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining cutting-edge applications and the environments they will function in. With clients ranging from the Royal Mail to the Home Office, your work will make a massive impact on the British public, and further afield for our international clientele.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop and maintain bespoke solutions for a varied client base, which includes both the public and private sectors – drawing on different languages, methods and approaches
- You’ll support live systems and applications, implementing bug fixes and exploring improvements through code changes
- You’ll take responsibility for components of a much larger system, writing code to complement that which is being developed by colleagues
What we’ll offer you
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities. At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here.
Intakes: March and June 2020.
What we are looking for
- Relevant and practical IT experience, as well as a passion for software. A basic knowledge of the tools and languages used to write code would be beneficial
- Outstanding communication skills – our clients need to feel confident that you understand their requirements
- The ability to convey complex coding concepts in jargon-free language to a non-technical audience
- Note: You will have lived in the UK for the last five years with no more than six months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements). You could be required to work away from home during the week
A bachelor’s degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 February 2020