As a SAP Technical Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it's providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP technologies. You'll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You'll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Technical Specialist, you will be expected to:
- Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP technologies and modules, working closely with the functional application consultants or/and other team members
- Support the Live Services team by: resolving incidents identified by end users; working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future; working with the development team to implement fixes: reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
- Support the Project team by: attending workshops; working with the client to clarify requirements; creating/updating project documentation; understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology; work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts. We put people at the forefront of any change, whether this is incremental or transformational styles of change management.
As a global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators. As you'd expect, our functional applications specialist are highly skilled individuals who are integral to the delivery of every IT solution. Here, smart and often groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so too is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking.
Join us and you'll enjoy a multi-faceted role where building client relationships, identifying opportunities and implementing solutions is key.
Intakes: June, July and September 2020
What we are looking for
- We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
- Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
- Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
- Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
- Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
A bachelor’s degree, ideally in computer science or business information systems, although it's not essential, we have found that finance, HR or business graduates do well in the Functional roles.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
Start Date 1 June 2020
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2020