A role in our Capgemini Graduate Community is perfect for you if you want to help create, develop and deliver cutting-edge solutions to the knottiest client problems. It’s work that doesn’t just call for brilliant technology minds. We need business brains too.
You’ll have responsibility from day one. Work alongside, and pick the brains of experts in different industries. And thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects posed in modern IT. The Salesforce Delivery Unit is one of the fastest growing areas within Capgemini UK and focuses on helping our clients achieve business value through the use of Salesforce.com, the world’s number one cloud based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution.
You’ll be working across a wide spectrum of industry sectors, from Consumer Products, Automotive to Telecommunications. You’ll be working with our clients to transform their business using the Salesforce.com platform supported by huge eco system of Salesforce apps.
You’ll experience variety, one day you could be working with the client to understand their business requirements, the next day you may start building a proof of concept with our development team using the unique click and configure Salesforce platform
The focus of your role
Working closely with clients, you’ll analyse exactly what they need. Then you’ll design and develop the right solution to exceed their expectations. But whatever the project, you’ll indulge your passion for Salesforce and CRM and your love of exploring ideas. And qualities like these will help you become the person clients turn to when they face their most complex challenges.
What you’ll do
- You will work closely with our clients to understand their requirements through discovery workshops and client interviews, you’ll then document the requirements ready to hand over to a team of highly skilled developers
- You’ll use you knowledge of Salesforce to guide clients on how best to meet their requirements and surprise them through bringing innovation and clever design thinking using the world’s number one CRM platform, Salesforce.com
- You’ll be confident to deliver solutions working in agile teams working with colleagues from across the world
- We’ll support you through a robust Salesforce certification plan, investing in your future to be the best Salesforce and CRM expert
- You’ll be working very closely with our Salesforce functional consultants to understand the client requirements and developing the solution in Salesforce
- You’ll be confident building solutions as part of an agile team using declarative tools, backed by Salesforce Lightning and Apex, we’ll support you through a Salesforce certification plan, investing in your development so you’re always at the top of your game
- You’ll be using Salesforce apps from the extensive eco system to quickly plug in new functionality for our clients such as digital signature capture or artificial intelligence
- Our technical consultants also spend time face to face with our clients so we’ll help to develop your professional communication. presentation and design thinking capabilities
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
We’ll encourage your growth at every stage. After all, it fuels ours. Yes we’re one of the world’s top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with 188,000 people in 44 countries. We’re one of a select few that are a Salesforce Global Strategic partner opening up exclusive partner workshops, training and certification fast tracks. But we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them.
So expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you, whether that means changing tracks or shifting focus down the line.
Start date: June, July, September and November 2018.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
- You might be a fresh graduate or have already launched your career
- A computer science degree, business information systems or equivalent
- You’ll have an IT background plus plenty of practical experience
- You might have developed your own applications or websites
- Driven and committed with a strong team ethic, you’ll be ready to challenge and be challenged. What’s more, you’ll be keen to work with top-tier clients and guide them through change.
Accepted degree subjects
Aston · Cardiff · Glasgow · Holborn · Sale · Woking
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/03/2018