A role in our Capgemini Graduate Community would be perfect for you if you want to help create, develop and deliver cutting-edge solutions to complex and challenging client problems. It’s work that calls for individuals with a positive attitude and aptitude who thrive in a fast-paced and intensely collaborative environment. As a Graduate in Capgemini, it is our aim to train and support you so that within five years you will be able to apply your skills in our game-changing Application Management Services that have a real positive impact on our client’s businesses.
You will be actively involved in one of our accounts from day one. You will work alongside established Software Engineers and Application Consultants and be able to pick the brains of experts from a wide variety of industries. You’ll be involved, be stretched and, importantly, be trusted to deliver to our clients.
The focus of your role
Our Applications Management business helps our clients get the most out of their IT infrastructure and application platforms. Join us at Capgemini and your work will make their technology more efficient, cost-effective and better aligned to their business goals ensuring they stay competitive in their industry sector.
Whatever your degree, this role could be for you if you are keen to gain a broad range of technical and business skills, with first-hand exposure to the newest technologies in a real working environment. You will be encouraged to be curious, to try new things, and be ready to challenge and be challenged. A flair for building rapport is vital too, as is the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts. If you also enjoy making things happen and driving initiatives forward, you could soon be working with a group of people who care as much as you do.
What you’ll do
We are looking for Graduates to join our Software Engineering group within Application Management Services.
- You'll assist in delivering application services that will have a real impact on a client's business
- You'll help set up and promote a stable high performing service to meet contractual performance targets
- You will promote continued service improvement alongside innovation and transformation during the life cycle of a service
- You will develop a technical understanding enabling you to deliver changes to software to allow our Clients to stay ahead of their competitors
- Crucially, you'll maintain an excellent working relationship with the client
Day-to-day activities could include:
- Analysing user requirements
- Developing and testing software changes using various programming languages and packages
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, fixing defects and identifying / undertaking process and system improvement opportunities
- Working closely with project managers, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and other industry professionals
- Technical authoring
- Investigating new technologies and developing sector expertise
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, mentoring and guided self-learning
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you, whether that means changing tracks or shifting focus down the line.
Join us, and be the you you want to be.
What we are looking for
What you’ll bring
To get the most out of this role, you will have:
- An analytical and critical eye for data
- il with an interest in learning a range of technical skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and resilience – to work in a multi-faceted challenging environment
- Commitment to attain delivery goals and personal goals Strong interpersonal skills and growing eminence in your skills
- A strong interest and desire to succeed in Software Engineering along with the ability to update skills frequently as new technologies evolve
- Flexibility in terms of working locations – this may include working at Capgemini offices within the UK or out on one of our many client sites throughout the UK
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please note: to meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/07/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Aston · London · Sale · Treforest · Woking|