What is the Accelerate Programme Business Technology Pathway?
Over the 21-month programme you will develop skills and gain the experience needed to become a well-rounded and entrepreneurial Associate Consultant with an inventive mindset that helps to drive change.
The programme is designed for talented graduates or those currently working who are looking for a role where they can combine technology, data science and creative design to help clients solve complex business and technology challenges. The programme comes with exposure to a range of sectors, after which, members of the programme will commence specialising in Business Technology.
The focus of your role
As an Associate Consultant you will embark on a challenging and exciting journey where you will develop key skills that help our clients change the way they work, behave and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes anywhere in the UK or further afield. You will ensure the smooth delivery of end-to-end projects by working flexibly, demonstrating intellectual capability and delivering innovative solutions for clients. The day-to-day tasks can vary from engagement with senior stakeholders, conducting analysis of data, designing business strategies to delivering workshops.
Your projects could be in Consumer Products & Retail, Financial Services & Insurance, Government, Utilities, Manufacturing, Automotive & Life Sciences (MALS) or Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
Additionally, members of the programme will work on internal projects, which contribute to the growth of our business. There is a wide variety of projects to choose from, through which you can further develop your skills and deepen your interests. Many of our graduates enjoy contributing to thought leadership, propositions and event management.
Your training and development
Throughout your time on the Accelerate Programme there is a robust support system in place, which is there to help and guide you through the process.
Upon completion of three-months within The Institute, where you will learn core consulting skills and gain a broad understanding of everything we do at Capgemini Invent, you will then move into the Foundation Period of the Accelerate Programme. Here you will gain experience of working on client engagements and gain the chance to work across sectors and capability units. For the remaining 12 months of the programme you will be given access to technology specific experience, training and knowledge aligned with the market and client needs of our Business Technology Capability Unit.
A heavy emphasis is placed on your development and being able to learn a variety of skills in a variety of learning environments. During the programme you will benefit from wider learning opportunities and can choose from a suite of accreditations including:
- Cloud Accreditations: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Intelligent Automation
- Digital Security Fundamentals (CompTIA)
- Technology Business Management
- Design Intelligence
- Agile @ Scale (Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe)
What you can expect
Working alongside a world-class team with a wealth of consulting and industry experience, you will begin to create relationships across the organisation and acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you accelerate your career. You will be part of a project team, building trust-based relationships at the heart of a client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transform their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
What we are looking for
- We are particularly interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the industries we operate in and are keen to start a career in an environment where you can drive change.
- Natural curiosity about how technology can solve business and world problems
- A passion and natural talent for emerging technology
- Familiarity with current technology and/or security concepts/trends
- Desirable but not mandatory; basic programming or prototyping skills
- A strong desire to gain experience within two of the following roles; Agile BA, Scrum master, Agile PMO, UX Designer or Digital Security Consultant
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
- The ability to overcome barriers through drive and determination
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically
- Strong team working skills, demonstrating effective communication
- The ability to work away from home for up to five days per week (once Government restrictions allow)
At Capgemini Invent, although academics form part of our overall hiring decision, we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres (currently being held virtually).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2021