What is the Accelerate Programme Financial Services Pathway?
Over the 21-month programme you will develop skills and gain the experience needed to become a well-rounded and entrepreneurial Associate Consultant with an inventive mindset that helps to drive change.
The programme is designed for talented graduates and those currently working who have a passion for driving value and transformation in (UK or Global institutions of): Retail Banks; Business and Commercial Banks; Mid/Large Corporate Banks; Wealth/Asset Managers; and/or Payments providers. We also expect applicants to have a demonstrable interest in digital transformation and its impact on the Sector. On entry to the Financial Services Academy, individuals will have day-to-day tasks that can vary from assisting with the implementation of Financial regulations, driving the digitisation of Financial Services and making them more user-friendly, helping Financial Service organisations respond to urgent crises, e.g. in the wake of Covid, collaboratively in cross-functional teams to drive continuous business performance improvement and creating strategies as well as developing business cases to support investment decisions.
The focus of your role
As an Associate Consultant you will embark on a challenging and exciting journey where you will develop key skills that help our clients change the way they work, behave and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes anywhere in the UK or further afield. You will ensure the smooth delivery of end-to-end projects by working flexibly, demonstrating intellectual capability and delivering innovative solutions for clients. The day-to-day tasks can vary from engagement with senior stakeholders, conducting analysis of data, designing business strategies to delivering workshops. Your projects could be in Consumer Products & Retail, Financial Services & Insurance, Government, Utilities, Manufacturing, Automotive & Life Sciences (MALS) or Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
Additionally, members of the programme will work on internal projects, which contribute to the growth of our business. There is a wide variety of projects to choose from, through which you can further develop your skills and deepen your interests. Many of our graduates enjoy contributing to thought leadership, propositions and event management.
Your training and development
Throughout your time on the Accelerate Programme there is a robust support system in place, which is there to help and guide you through the process.
Upon completion of three-months within The Institute, where you will learn core consulting skills and gain a broad understanding of everything we do at Capgemini Invent, you will then move into the Foundation Period of the Accelerate Programme. Here you will gain experience of working on client engagements and gain the chance to work across sectors and capability units. For the remaining 12 months of the programme you will be given access to technology specific experience, training and knowledge aligned with the market and client needs of our Financial Services Sector Unit.
A heavy emphasis is placed on your development and being able to learn a variety of skills in a variety of learning environments. We will support you with developing an understanding of the financial services sector, learning from industry experts and working across all major departments/ functions within the sector. We will:
- Give you the ability to shape your own learning through the selection of appropriate qualifications that match your career pathway
- Provide you with coaches and mentors to help you succeed
- Offer you interesting and fulfilling roles within the financial services sector, developing your on-the-job skills and putting your learning to practical use
- We also offer a portfolio of tailored learning and development offers comprised of global and local curricula including: core consulting skills, personal and professional effectiveness, people management, leadership and sales
- Training and certification for industry standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Prince2, Better Business Cases™ certification)
What you can expect
Working alongside a world-class team with a wealth of consulting and industry experience, you will begin to create relationships across the organisation and acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you accelerate your career. You will be part of a project team, building trust-based relationships at the heart of a client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transform their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
What we are looking for
- We are particularly interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the financial services industry and are keen to start a career in an environment where you can drive change.
- A passion of driving value and transformation in (UK or Global institutions of): Retail Banks; Business and Commercial Banks; Mid/Large Corporate Banks; Wealth/Asset Managers; and/or Payments providers.
- Ideally banking domain expertise or a good understanding in: Account provision; Cards and Payments; Lending and Mortgages; Asset management; Onboarding/KYC; Bank servicing and maintenance operations; Data architecture (within a large UK or Global Bank); Operational Resilience transformation
- Understanding of Banking product platforms and modern digital technologies.
- Stakeholder management skills, with experience of being able to influence senior stakeholders and “get things done” across a range of organisations, varying in size and complexity.
- Knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner.
- Problem solving skills to work as part of a team to address some of the biggest challenges faced by large Banks & FS institutions
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
- The ability to overcome barriers through drive and determination
- Strong team working skills, demonstrating effective communication
- The ability to work away from home for up to 5 days per week (once Government restrictions allow)
At Capgemini Invent, although academics form part of our overall hiring decision, we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres (currently being held virtually).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2021