Applications for our 2023 Accelerate Programme are now closed for 2023, however you can now register your interest for 2024.
The Financial Services (FS) pathway of the Accelerate programme is designed for talented graduates passionate about FS, who are looking for to combine strategy, creative design, transformation and technology. The programme will instil an inventive mindset to help you shape and deliver our clients’ most important strategic activities.
The Focus of Your Role
As an Associate Consultant you will embark on a stimulating and exciting journey where you will develop key skills that influence how our clients evolve the way they work, perform and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes. You will ensure the smooth delivery of end-to-end projects by working flexibly, demonstrating intellectual capability and delivering innovative solutions for clients. The day-to-day tasks can vary from engagement with senior stakeholders, conducting analysis of data or business requirements, designing business strategies through to delivering workshops and collaboratively working in cross-functional teams to drive continuous business performance improvement.
Your first 3 months of Accelerate Programme will be spent within The Institute, where you will learn core consulting skills and gain a broad understanding of everything we do at Capgemini Invent within a feed-back rich environment., you will then move into the Academy Period of the Accelerate Programme. Here you will gain experience of working on client engagements across sectors and capability units. You will also be given access to technology specific experience, training and knowledge aligned with the market and client needs of our FS Sector Unit.
A heavy emphasis is placed on your development and being able to learn a variety of skills in a variety of learning environments. During the Accelerate Programme you will benefit from wider learning opportunities and can choose from a suite of accreditations including:
- Agile @ Scale: (Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe)
- Access to licenses for Coursera and Datacamp and opportunity to complete further qualifications in the skills above
- Data Visualisation: Accreditation in using PowerBI, Tableau, RShiny, QLik, Plotly, Looker
- Cloud Accreditations: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
We will also support you with:
- Developing an understanding of the financial services’ sector, learning from industry experts working across all major departments / functions
- Learning and coaching from industry leaders in the FS sector unit
- Provide a network of coaches and mentors to help you succeed
- Provide fulfilling roles within the financial sector, developing your on-the-job skills and putting your learning to practical use within a range of client settings
What you can expect
Working alongside a world-class team with a wealth of consulting and industry experience, you will begin to create relationships across the organisation and acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you accelerate your career. You will be part of a project team, building trust-based relationships at the heart of a client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transforming their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
Why Capgemini Invent?
As a team, we value:
Engagement: We believe in providing a stimulating working environment where our consultants are empowered to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work.
Inclusiveness: We are building a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces and values different points of view. We run regular meet-ups, alumni events, and away days twice a year - all as chances to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Get the future you want as a member of the Financial Services route of our Accelerate Programme in London, Manchester or Glasgow. Hear from Jamilla about her experience:
“As part of the Accelerate Programme at Capgemini Invent you will join an intensive and engaging training programme. This begins with ‘The Institute’ – a safe learning environment prepared that prepares you for life on client engagements. Since completing The Institute, my current role ranges from financial analysis & modelling to commercial management for cross-regional projects at a Global Bank”
Would you like to become Jamilla’s colleague? Discover our Accelerate Programme by clicking the Apply button.
What we are looking for
We are interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the industries we operate in and are keen to start a career in an environment where you can drive change.
Ideally, you will have some or all of the following:
- A passion for driving value and transformation in UK or global FS clients in Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance;
- FS domain expertise or a good understanding how FS operates in the UK or globally
- Understanding of digital trends, including cryptocurrencies, blockchain and DLT
- A strong desire to further your own personal development and develop a career in FS consulting
- An aptitude to overcome barriers through drive and determination
- Expertise and drive to effectively manage senior stakeholder expectations
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically in a high pressure, collegiate environment
- Drive to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in a fast-paced setting
- Knowledge and / or application of Agile or waterfall project management in a client setting
At Capgemini Invent, although academics form part of our overall hiring decision, we do not select candidates purely on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including video interviewing and assessment centres (all currently being held virtually).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 July 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 July 2023