Applications for our 2023 Accelerate Programme are now closed for 2023, however you can now register your interest for 2024.
The Public Sector pathway of the Accelerate programme is designed for talented graduates passionate about make a positive difference by working with ministerial departments, agencies, and other public bodies in the Public Sector.
This entry route is for applicants who wish to provide a preference to align to the Public Sector Academy once The Institute period is completed.
In addition to the entry specifics listed above, for this
The Focus of Your Role
As an Associate Consultant you will embark on a stimulating and exciting journey where you will develop key skills that influence how our clients evolve the way they work, perform and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes. You will ensure the smooth delivery of end-to-end projects by working flexibly, demonstrating intellectual capability and delivering innovative solutions for clients. The day-to-day tasks can vary from:
Assisting with the implementation of Government policy across Healthcare, Home Affairs, Policing, Justice, Defence, Education, Tax and other areas Creating strategies and developing business cases to support investment decisions
- Creating strategies and developing business cases to support investment decisions
- Enabling front-line staff to work more efficiently by analysing and improving operational processes and procedures
- Helping public sector organisations respond to urgent crises, e.g. in the wake of Covid
- Driving the digitisation of public services and making them more user-friendly
We are interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the industries we operate in and are keen to start a career in an environment where you can drive change.
Your first 3 months of the Accelerate Programme will be spent within The Institute, where you will learn core consulting skills and gain a broad understanding of everything we do at Capgemini Invent within a feed-back rich environment, you will then move into the Academy Period of the Accelerate Programme. When you enter the Public Sector Academy, a heavy emphasis is placed on your development and being able to learn a variety of skills in a multitude of environments. During the programme you will benefit from wider learning opportunities:
We will support you with developing an understanding of the public sector, learning from industry experts working across all major departments
Ability for you to shape your learning through the selections of appropriate qualifications that match your career pathway
Provide you with coaches and mentors to help you succeed
Offer you interesting and fulfilling roles within the public sector, developing your on-the-job skills and putting your learning to practical use
We also offer a portfolio of tailored learning and development offers comprised of global and local curricula including:
- Core consulting skills
- Personal and professional effectiveness
- People management
- Leadership and sales
- Training and certification for industry standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Prince2, Better Business Cases™ certification)
- The opportunity to access Capgemini’s University Campus in Les Fontaines, France
- To drive your own personal development, we also provide access to a multitude of online training platforms incl. Coursera, Harvard and Pluralsight containing 7500+ courses to help novices learn from scratch as well as advanced topics for experienced professionals.
What you can expect
Working alongside a world-class team with a wealth of consulting and industry experience, you will begin to create relationships across the organisation and acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you accelerate your career. You will be part of a project team, building trust-based relationships at the heart of a client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transforming their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
Why Capgemini Invent?
As a team, we value:
Engagement: We believe in providing a stimulating working environment where our consultants are empowered to share their values and are engaged in purposeful work.
Inclusiveness: We are building a diverse and inclusive environment that embraces and values different points of view. We run regular meet-ups, alumni events, and away days twice a year - all as chances to connect with the team, have fun and learn something new.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we are looking for
Ideally, you will have some or all of the following:
- A passion to support the transformation of public services to continue to meet the evolving needs of society;
- An understanding and appreciation of the challenges departments and civil servants face when delivering to the public;
- A strong desire to drive the development and improvement of public services and to gain experience in using technology to support wide-ranging large-scale transformations;
- A passion to continuously learn and develop your skillsets to keep up to date with developments in the sector;
- Problem solving skills to work as part of a team to address some of the biggest challenges faced by UK society.
At Capgemini Invent, although academics form part of our overall hiring decision, we do not select candidates purely on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including video interviewing and assessment centres (all currently being held virtually).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 July 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 July 2023