What is the Accelerate Programme Public Sector Pathway?
Over the 21-month programme you will develop skills and gain the experience needed to become a well-rounded and entrepreneurial Associate Consultant with an inventive mindset that helps to drive change.
The programme is designed for talented graduates or those currently working who have a strong desire to make a positive difference by working with ministerial departments, agencies, and other public bodies in the Public Sector. On entry to the Public Sector Academy, individuals will have day-to-day tasks such as:
- Assisting with the implementation of Government policy across Healthcare, Home Affairs, Policing, Justice, Defence, Education, Tax and other areas
- Creating strategies and developing business cases to support investment decisions
- Enabling front-line staff to work more efficiently by analysing and improving operational processes and procedures
- Helping public sector organisations respond to urgent crises, e.g. in the wake of Covid
- Driving the digitisation of public services and making them more user-friendly
The focus of your role
As an Associate Consultant you will embark on a challenging and exciting journey where you will develop key skills that help our clients change the way they work, behave and achieve their goals. You’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale transformation programmes anywhere in the UK or further afield. You will ensure the smooth delivery of end-to-end projects by working flexibly, demonstrating intellectual capability and delivering innovative data science and analytics solutions for clients.
Additionally, members of the programme will work on internal projects, which contribute to the growth of our business. There is a wide variety of projects to choose from, through which you can further develop your skills and deepen your interests. Many of our graduates enjoy contributing to thought leadership, propositions and event management.
Your training and development
Throughout your time on the Accelerate Programme there is a robust support system in place, which is there to help and guide you through the process.
Upon completion of three-months within The Institute, where you will learn core consulting skills and gain a broad understanding of everything we do at Capgemini Invent, you will then move into the Foundation Period of the Accelerate Programme. Here you will gain experience of working on client engagements and gain the chance to work across sectors and capability units. For the remaining 12 months of the programme you will be given access to technology specific experience, training and knowledge aligned with the market and client needs of our Public Sector Sector Unit.
A heavy emphasis is placed on your development and being able to learn a variety of skills in a variety of learning environments. We will support you with developing an understanding of the public sector, learning from industry experts working across all major departments/ functions within the sector. We will:
- Give you the ability to shape your own learning through the selection of appropriate qualifications that match your career pathway
- Provide you with coaches and mentors to help you succeed
- Offer you interesting and fulfilling roles within the public sector, developing your on-the-job skills and putting your learning to practical use
- We also offer a portfolio of tailored learning and development offers comprised of global and local curricula including: core consulting skills, personal and professional effectiveness, people management, leadership and sales
- Training and certification for industry standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, Prince2, Better Business Cases™ certification)
What you can expect
Working alongside a world-class team with a wealth of consulting and industry experience, you will begin to create relationships across the organisation and acquire a foundation of consulting skills, tools and methodologies to help you accelerate your career. You will be part of a project team, building trust-based relationships at the heart of a client’s organisation, helping them change the way they work and transform their business to achieve their goals. You’ll get early responsibility and build your skills through interesting and challenging work.
What we are looking for
- We are particularly interested to hear from you if you have experience working in the Public Sector industry and are keen to start a career in an environment where you can drive change.
- A passion to support the transformation of public services to continue to meet the evolving needs of society
- An understanding and appreciation of the challenges departments and civil servants face when delivering to the public
- A strong desire to drive the development and improvement of public services and to gain experience in using technology to support wide-ranging large-scale transformations
- A passion to continuously learn and develop your skillsets to keep up to date with developments in the sector
- Problem solving skills to work as part of a team to address some of the biggest challenges faced by UK society.
- A strong desire to further your own personal development
- The ability to overcome barriers through drive and determination
- Strong team working skills, demonstrating effective communication
- The ability to work away from home for up to five days per week (once Government restrictions allow)
At Capgemini Invent, although academics form part of our overall hiring decision, we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video interviewing and assessment centres (currently being held virtually).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 October 2021