Our Novus programmes are designed to help you gain professional experience and develop your skillset. We’ll challenge you to think differently, solve problems with creativity and to push yourself while expanding your horizons.
The programme begins with 12 weeks of practical based training delivered in real time from our virtual training academy. Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level role within software development (.NET) and cloud computing. You’ll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews. You will learn software development as well as cloud computing skills in AWS and we will also prepare you for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
After you graduate from training, you will have the opportunity to become employed by Capita on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our clients around the UK. Our purpose is your purpose and, together, we can drive real change. You’ll have the opportunity to work on, and make meaningful contributions to, a range of exciting and diverse projects.
Continuous professional development
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals whilst you work, you will have access to learning resources and the opportunity to study towards certifications to support your career path from professional bodies such as BCS, ISTQB, Oracle, Microsoft, Google and Amazon.
What’s in it for you
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during your training, on commencement of your first assignment you will also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Bonuses based on performance
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
If you have a passion for technology and problem solving, then we would like to hear from you. Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
Closing date for applications: 25th J
What we are looking for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- Some object orientated programming skills in either Python C#, C++, .Net, or Java
- Analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Good communication and liaison skills
- Good all-round IT skills, with experience of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide for extensive periods to work on Capita and client assignments
- Available to commit to the initial training before employment, and attend the online classes in real-time
- Available to start training in August 2021
A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally computer science or STEM related
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- geology and geographical science
- biology and life sciences
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- information science and librarianship
- aerospace engineering
- chemical engineering
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to get back to everyone. Therefore, if you haven't heard back from us within 1 month, you haven't been successful this time around.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25 June 2021