We’re growing future leaders
Our Novus programmes are designed to help you gain professional experience and develop your skillset. We’ll challenge you to think differently, solve problems with creativity and to push yourself while expanding your horizons.
The programme begins with 12 weeks of practical based training delivered in real time from our virtual training academy. Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level role within software development (.NET) and cloud computing. You’ll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, and interviewing to prepare for employer meeting and interviews. You will learn software development as well as cloud computing skills in AWS and we will also prepare you for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
Upon successful completion of the training, you will have the opportunity to become employed by Capita on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our clients around the UK. You’ll have the opportunity to work on, and make meaningful contributions to, a range of exciting and diverse projects.
Continuous professional development
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals whilst you work, you will have access to learning resources and the opportunity to study towards certifications to support your career path from professional bodies such as BCS, ISTQB, Oracle, Microsoft, Google and Amazon.
What’s in it for you
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during your training, on commencement of your first assignment you will also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary reviewed every 6 months
- Bonuses based on performance
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree, ideally computer science or STEM related
- Some object orientated programming skills in either Python C#, C++, .Net, or Java
- A passion for learning, technology and problem solving
- Effective task management skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Following training, able to relocate if required to work on Capita and client assignments
- Able to commit to the initial training before employment, and attend the online classes in real-time
- Available to start training in July 2022
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
We want to make sure our recruitment process is as accessible for you as possible. If you need helpful adjustments due to a difference, condition or disability, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate any adjustments you may need.
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to get back to everyone. Therefore, if you haven't heard back from us within one month, you haven't been successful this time around.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 June 2022