Ignite your career in IT with Capita
Our IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development. Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with 10 weeks of exclusive training in our virtual classroom linked to our Manchester training academy, focusing on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
Upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK, from producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems to designing and implementing software solutions and developing code.
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during the programme you will have the opportunity to further your career on completion. Alongside these career enhancing benefits, you’ll also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary
- Bi-annual bonuses based on performance reviews
- Financial reward on completion of the two-year programme
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers.
If you have a passion for technology and programming, then we would like to hear from you.
Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
What we are looking for
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecyle
- Coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, Python, .net, or Java
- Some exposure to object orientated programming
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide if required for assignments
- Available to start training in April 2020
A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 April 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 April 2020