Ignite your career in IT with Capita
The Capita IT skills development programme – Novus, provides you with industry approved free training and work experience that will launch your career in development.
Supported by the British Computer Society’s IT skills framework the programme begins with up to 10 weeks of exclusive training from our virtual training academy. The training focuses on the newest and most relevant industry methodologies and working towards certifications from various professional bodies including the BCS, Oracle and Microsoft.
Upon successful completion of the core modules, you will have the opportunity to be employed on a two-year contract, working on internal assignments or on-site with one of our prestigious blue-chip clients. You will be involved with some of the most exciting projects across the UK, from producing an innovative mobile application and working on business-critical systems to designing and implementing software solutions and developing code.
Our values are important to us and define who we are as an organisation. We have a culture that is open, collaborative and innovative and we’re looking for enthusiastic talented people with the skills, knowledge and attitude to become part of our team and deliver great service to our clients.
What you’ll receive
As well as the ongoing support of Capita professionals during your training, on commencement of your first assignment you will also receive:
- Industry aligned competitive salary
- Bonuses based on performance
- Six monthly salary review
- Enrolment onto Capita’s pension scheme
- Flexible benefits such as share scheme, additional holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurant vouchers
- Continuous professional development
- Access to learning resources to support further study
If you have a passion for technology and programming, then we would like to hear from you. Apply now to start your Novus journey today and be part of a graduate programme that values and invests in your future.
What we are looking for
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecyle
- Coding skills in at least one of the following programming languages; C#, C++, .Net, or Java
- Some exposure to object orientated programming
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- An analytical mind and a keen eye for detail
- Following training, able to relocate UK wide for extensive periods to work on Capita and client assignments
- Available to start training in January 2021
A minimum of 2:2 in an undergraduate degree
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- engineering management
- computer sciences
- civil engineering and construction
- chemical engineering
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Your time and effort in the application process is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we aren't able to get back to everyone. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within 1 month, you haven't been successful this time around.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 17 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 17 January 2021