Over the next 12 months we have exciting upcoming projects to cement our position as market leaders in every aspect of our business and that journey starts with attracting the best talent.
Our Underwriter team at 247 Money is a growing and thriving team of friendly professionals. As an Underwriter, you'll speak to customers and guide them through the 247 money lending process, supporting their journey as much as possible.
- Assessing customers applications and making responsible lending decisions based on credit reports
- Contacting customers to do an income and expenditure interview check to ensure affordability for the customer
- Analyse documents such as; bank statements, payslips, proof of address etc.
- Working from a specialist loan management system and approving deals to be paid
- Deal with any general enquiries from customers including settlement figures and complaints
This is a full-time permanent position five over seven days per week.
What we are looking for
- Experience within financial services and a thorough understanding of the FCA and its principles
- Previous underwriting experience in a non-prime market would be desirable however any underwriting experience in consumer lending will be considered OR Experience with in customer service within a similar market
- Conscientious, with the ability to spot errors or missing information quickly and efficiently
- Ability to use own initiative in order to authorise lending decisions
- Organised and able to prioritise workload whilst dealing with multiple documents and customers at any one time
- Confident with the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholder in order to obtain secondary decisions as and where required
Underwriter - Your DNA and experience
- Bold and resilient - Have a clear confidence and ability to handle challenging situations with a calm and collected manner
- Passionate and proud - An ability to engage with customers with enthusiasm, professionalism and understanding
- Togetherness - Keen sense of how to work well within a team and creating good relationships with colleagues
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
For more information please get in touch.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment