- Support, encourage and motivate a team of fifteen young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, two residentials, social action planning and delivery and graduation events.
- Assist the NCS Coordinator/ NCS Wave Leader to ensure all necessary and appropriate safeguarding, data handling, health and safety and other legal requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff
- Work with the NCS staff team to deal with challenging behaviour from young people
- Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis to achieve NCS outcome targets.
- Ensure programme content is relevant to the local community and builds on existing relationships with partner individuals and organisations in order to provide young people with a quality NCS experience, ensuring they learn community and citizenship values within their local environment.
- Ensure any matters for concern are reported immediately to the NCS Coordinator / Wave Leader and support the completion of any necessary reporting (including safeguarding reports and incident reports).
- Assist in ensuring in-kind funding opportunities are maximised and on or above target.
- Attend regular supervision sessions and compulsory training to enable all duties to be carried out effectively.
- You will be required to work two full-time residentials weeks (four nights, five days), during which you will be expected to undertake night duty on a rota basis
- To make sure that you read, are familiar with, and follow all Catch22 policies and procedures and to read and accept key Catch22 policies
- To act as an ambassador for Catch22, upholding and promoting our corporate values.
- To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected of you within the level of your job.
This post will involve overnight stays and it will also involve some evening and weekend working
- Dates: July to August 2018
- Accommodation, meals and transport: provided for week one and two
- Level of DBS Disclosure required: Enhanced
Current opportunities in: Derbyshire (Amber Valley, High Peak and Derbyshire Dales), Devon (Torbay), Dorset (Bournemouth, North Dorset), East Sussex (Eastbourne), Herefordshire (Hereford, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye), Kent (Swale), Leicestershire (Ashby and Coalville), Lincolnshire (Boston, South Holland), Merseyside (Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral), Northumberland, Nottinghamshire (Nottingham), Shropshire (Shrewsbury, Wem, Telford and Bishops Castle), Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent, Wolverhampton and Stafford), Tyne & Wear (Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside, South Tyneside)
Catch22 is a social business, a not for profit business with a social mission. For over 200 years we have designed and delivered services that build resilience and aspiration in people and communities. As a social business we have the heart of a charity, and the mindset of a business.
We are looking for dynamic and confident people to join our team this summer. You will be an organised and confident person, able to engage and support a group of up to 15 young people aged 15 to 17 through an intensive four-week programme including residential trips away from home, local skills workshops and social action activities.
Accepted degree subjects
Devon · Dorset · East Midlands · Merseyside · North East England · North West England · South East England · South West England · West Midlands
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/03/2018