A market leading ERP software provider based in Manchester is looking for a Trainee Software Sales / Account Manager. For the right candidate, this role represents a fantastic career opportunity combining account management, sales and marketing.
A period of acclimatisation, training and familiarisation with the company’s products, systems and services will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant.
Training will be undertaken inhouse but there will also be an opportunity for accompanied, early exposure to, and involvement with, client businesses.
The role involves the following:
- Extensive travel throughout the UK and Ireland to visit clients and prospective clients
- Building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers in the client/prospect base
- Listening to and understanding the client or prospect’s needs and relating it to software or services solutions from the C.D.S. portfolio
- Proactively identifying opportunities to assist the client/prospect with add-on services/software either to resolve a problem or to improve/advance areas of their business
- Performing software demonstrations
- Creating and submitting software estimates, quotations and proposals to clients and prospective clients
- Identifying opportunities/ideas for advancement of the software based upon client/prospect feedback and presenting those ideas/opportunities to stakeholders inhouse
- Problem resolution – for example: escalating outstanding client issues or informing clients of software delivery delays
- Involvement in the major industry annual exhibition and sharing responsibility as a point of contact for trade bodies
- Attending and contributing to industry forums/meetings
- Supporting and contributing to CDS projects where required
- Gathering and submitting market intelligence to internal decision makers, for example: information relating to competitor products, industry change etc.
- Assisting with the management of external advertising and features in trade journals
This role requires regular travel to client/prospect sites, including overnight stays, mainly in the UK and Ireland, though trips further afield in the future are possible.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual; they will be eager to learn, develop their skills and advance their career within the business.
- Experience in the fundamentals of accounting practice either at degree level or in a working capacity would also be highly advantageous
- Of equal importance is the ability to communicate well at all levels; in a verbal capacity this means the successful applicant will have a broad vocabulary, clear elocution and the ability to articulate ideas and concepts confidently
- The successful applicant will also have good writing skills, being able to transcribe the salient points of discussions and ideas and present them in such a way that they can be easily understood by the business and clients
- Candidates will be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- The successful applicant will have a strong desire to work with people, as well as software/systems and will be eager to help users to maximise the value of C.D.S. solutions
- They will relish the opportunity to continue learning and aspire to develop a set of highly sought-after career skills
The successful applicant will have graduated from university with a good degree in business studies or a related subject, including sales and marketing and accompanied by some IT/software discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and IT
How to apply
All applications should be emailed with a covering letter and CV via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26/08/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||One|
Private medical insurance, company car, death in service benefit, permanent health insurance (all subject to appropriate qualifying periods and acceptance on normal terms)