We have vacancies for Forensic/DNA Scientists available which would suit science graduates keen on developing a career either in forensic science or DNA analysis.
One of the roles is within our Identification Department where you will be part of a team logging samples onto our in house tracking system, conducting laboratory analysis, interpreting DNA profiles and reporting subsequent results to customers including government departments, private customers and the legal profession. These samples are for relationship testing (paternity/immigration) or for submission to the UK National DNA database.
Another role is in our Laboratory Operations Department where you will be processing samples recovered by police from crime scenes for the investigation of a wide range of offences. You will be working within a team of highly skilled Forensic Analysts using innovative approaches to analyse and process samples to help solve crimes and also for submission to the UK National DNA Database.
Full details of both of these roles can be found on the company’s website.
Our state-of-the-art laboratories are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to the International Standard ISO/ IEC 17025:2005.
What we are looking for
- Ability to work to GLP
- Ability to apply molecular biology methods and techniques including DNA extraction, quantitation, PCR and electrophoresis
- Understanding of Quality systems (specifically ISO17025)
- The ability to use standard software packages (Microsoft Office) and computerised sample tracking systems
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good verbal and written skills
- Awareness of customer needs
- Accurate record keeping
- Maturity and professional demeanour
- Minimum A-level, preferably BSc or similar qualification in a biology or applied biology subject
- Previous laboratory experience, DNA/PCR experience an advantage
Preferred degree subjects:
Biology, genetics, chemistry, forensic science, biomedical science and other life science degrees
Accepted degree subjects
- biology and life sciences
How to apply
Due to nature of the work we undertake, all applicants must have the ability to gain security clearance to SC level and have lived in the UK continuously for the past three years.
Candidates must send a covering letter along with their CV via the apply now button.
When applying, please specify the location you are interested in.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||Various|
Salary is dependent on experience. Attractive benefits package including pension, private healthcare, 25 days per year holiday, income protection insurance, subsidised gym membership, employee assistance programme and childcare vouchers