We require a graduate trainee to join our Investment Team. A wide variety of hands-on investment experience is offered in an institutional fund management environment. The successful applicant will receive thorough training, which will include sponsorship through the CFA study programme. Providing that at a minimum the CFA level 1 examination has been passed and depending on performance during the training programme, progression to assistant fund manager status can be expected.
The successful candidate will:
- assist in the management of investment portfolios as directed;
- prepare in depth analytical reports on companies
- contribute to internal strategy discussions and assist in preparation of reports;
- be fully engaged in our ethical process;
- identify and research ethical issues relevant to our clients;
- assist in the production, compilation, and presentation of statistical information including performance data, risk assessments and ethics screens, and conduct other administrative tasks;
- act as back-up to other members of staff as directed;
- deal under supervision once permitted to do so;
- adhere to the compliance arrangements in place at all times.
What we are looking for
Economics and related degrees are favoured but applicants are welcome from any discipline if they can demonstrate an interest in economic affairs and financial markets, together with high levels of computer skills and numeracy. Applicants should demonstrate a structured and organised approach to work, attention to detail, and good communication skills. The position may suit someone with a strong church connection.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
plus defined contribution pension scheme and study leave package
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Applications could close earlier if appropriate.
Please apply with CV and covering letter via the Apply button or post to:
Head of Research
CFB Methodist Church
9 Bonhill Street
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020