Do you have a passion for food and drink? Ever wonder what makes a brand successful? Or what drives consumer drinking habits when they go out to Pubs, bars and restaurants?
We are looking for candidates who are ambitious, want to make a difference, have fun and build fantastic careers. At CGA we believe in home grown talent and rewarding our stars by providing progression opportunities that are based on merit, not time served.
As a SQL-developer, you will have the opportunity to be part of a great team and supportive culture where our personal development program and buddy schemes allow the possibility to learn quickly and progress into senior, management and leadership positions.
Working closely with a supportive and knowledgeable Senior developer or Development Director, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing CGA’s business critical systems as well as cutting edge NPD.
You will work across numerous departments and will be involved in a range of interesting projects; essentially turning business requirements into design, and design into optimised solutions.
This role is designed for graduates with two years plus experience who are looking to progress their career in the fields of solutions; data science or business intelligence.
What we are looking for
- Intelligent and highly motivated individual
- Positive, passionate and conscientious worker who takes pride in their work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Great organisation and time management- thrives in a pressured environment and is accustomed to meeting multiple deadlines
- Problem solver and detail focused with strong completer/finisher traits
- Desire to drive technical innovation and thought leadership across the business
- Ability to work autonomously and be a strong team player
- Has interest, passion or knowledge of bars, pubs, drinks and the people who drink them
- Genuine desire to deliver exceptional customer service
- Comfortable working with and understanding various sources of information and deriving own conclusions
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication with good written and spoken English language Skills
- IT literate, comfortable with different software packages
- Great rapport and builds strong relationships
- Experienced with strong skills and knowledge of T-SQL, MS SQL Server and SSIS including but not limited to:
- Scripting, stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, ETL processes, security, data warehousing
- Experience in systems design, analysis, development and testing with good knowledge of database techniques.
- Comfortable working with large and complex data sets
- Expected competency in using Microsoft Office, with further knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of data warehousing using the Kimball design methodology
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Previous experience with databases, designing and developing code
- Knowledge of Excel VBA and/or SSAS/SSRS would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of data presentation and data mining using BI tools would be advantageous
- Any previous experience in managing a team or leadership skills is desirable
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a strong analytical, mathematical or computing subject.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
Potential bonus paid twice a year, Generous holiday allowance, NEST pension, holiday buyback scheme, flexible working hours, reduced summer hours, employee benefit portal offering you savings on high street stores and wellbeing packages
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our future, we would love to hear from you. To be considered for an initial telephone interview please apply.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment