Life. You want a challenge. Excitement. And kicking off your career wouldn’t be too bad either. At CGI, we’re building a brand-new generation that provides all this and more. Providing IT career opportunities that give you the chance to make a real impact on the world. And you could be our next generation of leaders and tech experts.
The role – Technical Industrial Placement
With a digital revolution taking place in the UK, our work is at the heart of it. Every day, our members come to work knowing they are making a real difference, in exciting industries such as Space, Defence & Intelligence and Cyber Security. There is never a dull day at CGI!
Our Placements play a big part in our solutions and work on some of our biggest projects in roles such as testing, development or cyber security.
You’ll find opportunities across various industries, roles, and locations. While you may start in one area of the business, the opportunity to move internally is huge, so you can grow your career, in the direction you want.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Develop and stand out from the crowd
You'll be part of a unique culture that allows you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, and to achieve your full potential.
With support from a buddy and managers, you’ll have the opportunity to obtain professional qualifications and 24/7 access to e-learning. Starting on our ‘Early Careers Induction’ programme, you’ll also have recruitment and learning and development teams there to support you during your first couple of years. And you will be part of our large early careers community with opportunities to work on different Initiatives and exciting projects alongside your day-to-day work.
It’s not just study and work either. There’s also a fantastic social side to CGI. Our early career's communities make life exciting through lots of social events and activities. There are plenty of chances to relax and enjoy yourself with like-minded members from across CGI.
What you can expect from us
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
What we are looking for
- As CGI is a consultancy, your projects could also require you to work in other locations aside from your main base, so you should be prepared for travel in your role. Each business unit operates from a different range of offices so think about how flexible you can be.
- You need a genuine interest and passion for technology. Technical Industrial Placements are usually studying for a computer science or STEM related degree but we welcome people from all degree backgrounds as long as you have an applied interest in the industry.
- Depending on which business unit you would like to join, we will consider students on track to achieve a minimum 2:2. (Some projects seek graduates with a minimum 2:1.)
- Due to the security clearance requirements of some of our work, certain roles and projects do require early careers members to be UK nationals.
- Good communication skills (oral/written)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Reading · We recruit industrial placements into various locations across the UK. Our current Technical Industrial Placement opportunities are in; Bristol, Gloucester, London, Reading, Solihull, South Wales and Surrey
- starting £21,500
(£23,500 if based in London, Fenchurch Street office). If you return to CGI after completing your degree you will be on a starting salary of £32,000
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023