To work alongside a Youth Mentor to support a team of fifteen, 16 to 17 year olds through a whole NCS programme, working both residentially and in the local community. Meals and accommodation will be provided during the residential phases of the programme.
Earliest start date 21/06/2018 / Latest start date 26/07/2018,
Four week fixed term contract.
Using the power of football, Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) works in partnership with local communities to empower individuals to improve their lives and their environment.
CACT’s ground breaking and innovative programmes are delivered through a regular presence in schools and working with disadvantaged or socially excluded groups in society, through crime reduction initiatives and community based football coaching sessions.
The types of programmes delivered by CACT fit under five key aims: raising educational achievement, creating pathways to employment, building healthier lifestyles, bringing communities together and reducing crime.
- Team working experience. For example working within a team and co-ordinating team members to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience of working with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Good verbal communication and Interpersonal skills
- An understanding of and a commitment to equal opportunities issues both in the workplace and the wider community
- Commitment to safeguarding children and young people
- A positive attitude: a ‘can do’ approach
- Reliability: good timekeeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Experience of working in a residential setting with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of planning, coordinating, delivering programmes for young people
- Good knowledge of CACT’s existing programmes
- Access to own transport or ability to use public transport
Accepted degree subjects
Kent · Maidstone · Northfleet · Tonbridge
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Part-time · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 66
Closing date: 04/05/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 04/05/2018