Be the difference that inspires a young mind. Apply now to teach English in Hong Kong and experience life in one of the world's most cosmopolitan cities.
Chatteris tutors are placed full-time in local Hong Kong schools to help raise students’ English language proficiency through dynamic interactions, enhancing the English language environment and motivating them to learn and use English every day.
Our tutors inspire young minds by collaborating with local English teaching staff to plan and deliver exciting and engaging lessons. They also organise interactive workshops, tutorials, and events which complement the school’s curriculum and empower students’ confidence and ability.
What can you expect from us?
- Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience or teaching certificate required)
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Orientation and settling in support
- Accommodation provided during orientation
- Financial and logistical help to find accommodation
- Opportunities to work on a number of community projects outside of school
- Career mentorship, professional development workshops, and networking events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- An active social community
- Cantonese lessons and cultural workshops
- Welfare and emergency support
Contract: Full-time, 9 months (option to extend)
Start date: Orientation begins on August 5 2022
End date: May 31 2023
Salary: 17,000 HKD per month (approx. 1800 GBP/ 2100 USD)
Holidays: Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter plus Hong Kong public holidays
What we are looking for
- A university degree (any discipline)
- High English proficiency
- An interest in working with children, teenagers or young adults
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity
A university degree (any discipline)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hong Kong
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment