Be the difference that inspires a young mind. Apply for the Chatteris International Graduate Programme (CIGP) in Hong Kong and become a Chatteris English Tutor.
As a Chatteris English Tutor, you will be placed full time in a local Hong Kong school to work alongside the local English teaching staff. Your role will be to plan and deliver lessons as well as extra-curricular activities outside of the classroom.
Joining our programme means that you will have a paid opportunity to directly contribute to the life and learning experience of Hong Kong students while developing professional skills, experiencing a different culture and connecting to a network of individuals who will become your lifelong friends.
What can you expect from us?
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Group arrival and airport pick-up
- Orientation and settling in support
- Accommodation during orientation
- Financial and logistical assistance with finding accommodation
- Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience and teaching certificate required)
- Resource materials
- Opportunities to work on a number of community projects outside of school
- Career mentorship, professional development workshops and networking events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Pre-departure support
- An active social community
- Cantonese lessons and cultural workshopsWelfare and emergency support
- Contract: Full-time, nine months
- Start date: Orientation begins on Friday, 5 August 2022
- End date: 31 May 2023
- Salary: $16000 HKD per month
- Holidays: Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter
What we are looking for
- Very high level of English proficiency
- An interest in working with children or teenagers
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity and opennes
A university degree (any discipline)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hong Kong
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 September 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment