Ready for new challenges?
- China International Schools Programme’s internship experience provides you with the challenges, experience and support you need to build a future.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and tame the Chinese dragon.
- China is the biggest opportunity for a young graduate seeking to gain the skills needed for the 21st century.
- Whether you are business focused, culturally minded, linguistically determined or simply ready to acquire the skills of the future, an internship in the fastest changing most dynamic place in the world is the smart move.
- Do not shy away from the future, in the modern 21st century top employers worldwide are seeking graduates with China experience.
- At no time in history has knowledge of Chinese business customs, language, culture and development been more advantageous to a young person beginning their career.
- If you are looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to boost your global experience and obtain the talent and insights needed of the future, China International Schools Programme will develop an internship package tailored to your goals and future ambitions.
For over 17 years we have helped young people navigate their way through China, to achieve their goals and endeavours, emerging as globally ready and international conscience world citizens. Be bold and seize your opportunity to forge the skills you need for your future global career.
Internship package details
China has awoken, adapt or get left behind, there is no ther choice in the 21st century.
A China internship with CISP is your key to access a world of possibilities.
All packages include:
- Full accommodation and living support, as well as specialised mentoring suited to your goals.
- A monthly stipend of ¥5,000 RMB is included in the package to cover cost of living and travel.
- Pre-paid airfare from London to China Medical Accident insurance,
- A private apartment and many other benefits best suited to a candidates’ program of choice.
- Applicants should be ready to commence in Late August 2018 and must commit to the entirety of the 10-month contracted program.
Candidates who successfully complete the program will be given preferred status for future positions within CISP, as well as written testimonials and reference letters to help them in their future endeavours.
Expectational candidates will be considered for future leadership roles in special projects and may also be considered for internationally based permanent position within CISP’s management team.
Internship programme options
Academic Development Programme – future educators:
- Gain valuable cross-culture educational experience for future careers
- Benefit from specialised training and mentoring by experienced international teachers
- Understand how teaching really works by carving out your own insights
- Complete specialised training courses, with options to progress to future positions
Specialist requirement: previous education/tutoring experience preferred.
Cultural Immersion Programme – authentic understandings:
- Live, work and experience the heartland of China, not the glossy cities – true China
- Experience smaller authentic rural cities colliding with modernity – witness the change
- Learn and understand Chinese dialects not taught at university but spoken by millions
- Absorb the culture and arts of 5,000 years as they rapidly and irrevocably modernise
Specialist requirement: demonstrated ability to live in an immersive environment.
Intensive Language Programme – Mandarin fluency:
- Dive into the Mandarin world, live work and study in a Chinese speaking environment
- Study in regular small group lessons with bilingual and experienced local teachers
- Push your language limits by studying Wu, Guan, Jiang–Huai, Gan and other dialects
- Prepare for a future international career by certifying your skills with HSK exams
Specialist requirement: some previous language experience preferred
Future Leaders Programme – building tomorrow
- Gain insights and perspective into how China really works
- Apply your insights in during cross-cultural cooperation projects
- Build your understanding by creating and taking charge of your own pilot projects
- Establish a platform and sharpen your insights for a global future
Specialist requirement: previous leadership experience preferred
What we are looking for
No previous work experience necessary, we will provide you with the support and training needed to make your internship a success.
Some specialist requirements are preferred, these can be discussed with our team to ensure you get the most the experience.
Successful applications will be:
- willing to relocate to China for the duration of the program
- open-minded to new experiences and different cultures adaptable and resilient
- confident with leadership potential
- future focused with strong English language skills
- Bachelors degree or higher, in any major.
- No criminal record
- UK/IRE Passport
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now and begin the conversation with us as to which program is best suited to your interests, goals and ambitions
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/06/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details