Reporting to: Head of Boarding and Director of Teaching, Learning and Innovation
Purpose of position: To assist with teaching and supervisory duties throughout the school and to take an active interest in boarding.
- To assist with timetabled lessons as requested, working with small groups as directed and taking occasional responsibility for a class;
- To assist with the supervision of after-school homework club as required. Currently this involves two evenings per week;
- To assist with the supervision of children’s playtimes and to monitor their behaviour;
- To join day and residential school trips from any section;
- To assist with the games and activities programme of the school and with the supervision of the changing rooms as required by the Director of Sport;
- To take responsibility for a team or teams as directed;
- To assist with the supervision of mealtimes when on duty and to take charge at breakfast or supper as required;
- To encourage the children to use good table manners by eating with them;
- To encourage the children to be courteous and well-mannered when around school;
- To be assigned to a specific House in the School’s House system and to help with the organisation of the running of that House under the leadership of the Junior and Senior Heads of House.
- To develop and lead an integrated sports strategy, encompassing Senior School and Junior School PE and Games for girls and boys, curricular and co-curricular sport;
- To play a role in assisting with the pastoral care of boarders, organizing and supervising activities;
- To be on duty within the boarding house as required, for example, to supervise Prep;
- To accompany Boarders on trips and social activities as requested;
- To help the Head of Boarding ensure that there is a pleasant atmosphere and calm discipline in the House at all times;
- To see that rooms are kept tidy;
- To assist with the arrival and departure of boarders at the beginnings and end of terms;
- To assist in the distribution of clean clothes and see to the neat appearance of children taking part in matches, outings and other visits;
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Head of Boarding.
Year three Support (reporting to Head of Year 3/Form 1)
- To offer academic and pastoral support in the Form 1 classrooms;
- To offer 1-1 extra support for any children that the H o Yr deems necessary, small group activities/extension/ listening to readers;
- To be available for registrations to free the H o Yr/form staff to have meetings with parents/colleagues/children;
- To attend PE and games with Form 1.
- To assist with moving the children around the site (particularly in the early weeks), break time supervision, guidance to the bus stop etc.;
- To assist with photocopying/display work and the demands of small children with regards finding possessions, helping pack and unpack bags etc.
The School operates a programme of induction for new members of staff and successful applicants will be supported by a mentor.
What we are looking for
The School is seeking to appoint energetic and enthusiastic graduates who can demonstrate an affability with children, initiative and an interest in contributing fully to every aspect of school life, together with strong organizational and ICT skills.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Package £20,110
Basic salary £11,850 plus single room in shared accommodation and all meals provided during term time. Living expenses including utility bills and council tax included.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
Start Date 31 August 2021
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 June 2021