City Year UK challenges 18 to 25-year-olds to tackle educational inequality through a year of full-time volunteering. As mentors, tutors and role models in schools, they support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the UK.
Leadership development and making a difference at City Year UK
City Year is a life-changing experience. As well as having a huge impact on the lives of children, it’s a chance to invest in yourself and your future. It’s a year to push yourself outside of your comfort zone and develop the skills to become a self-confident leader with the dedication, passion and values to stand out from the crowd.
On Monday to Thursday you will be in school, while on Fridays you will come together as a group in an environment away from the classroom to share and reflect on your school experiences. You’ll also continue to develop your leadership potential through training, coaching, networking events and career development opportunities, all designed to enable you to confidently transition from education into employment, training or further education.
City Year UK offers you the opportunity to:
- Improve social and educational outcomes for children in a tangible way.
- Gain key life skills such as public speaking, problem-solving, communication and resilience
- Boost your CV and networks and explore career options in the public, private or charity sector
- Take up a new challenge which will bring a lot of fun and friendships that will last a lifetime
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Minimum Level 3 qualification (A level or equivalent).
Accepted degree subjects
Living expenses up to £4,400 a year in London plus travel expenses
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
To secure a place on the City Year UK programme, visit our website via the apply button. Complete and submit the application form and one of our admissions advisors will be in touch.
Closing date: 31/08/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/08/2017