Joining our busy contract management team, supporting the commercial management of City builds to ensure that contractual commitments are met by both us and our suppliers whilst tracking and controlling spend. This will include:
- Supporting assessing and processing applications for payment and compensation events in line with contractual requirements
- Tracking and controlling spend against budget, producing forecast cost reporting
- Attending contractual governance sessions to support our build teams, producing relevant information and recording actions and outcomes
- Spending time on-site to view the build of our network collecting information for early warning and compensation events
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the lead on and deliver a project within a specific division at CityFibre. You’ll get invaluable hands-on work experience, learning from our talented people whilst still adding real value to the business and helping us to transform communities across the UK.
Our summer placements start in July and are for six weeks over the university summer holidays.
What we are looking for
- You’ll be on track for a 2:1 or higher in a quantity surveying or construction management related degree (or have received one if moving onto your master’s).
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will also need a considered approach to tasks and a strong competency in Microsoft Excel.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- planning and surveying
Additional job details
- £20,000 pro rata
pro-rata across a six-week period.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please note that we may need to close this advert early due to high volumes of applications, so we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 9 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment